Assuring the availability of your Overland Storage solution is a critical part of your overall protected data storage strategy. Overland has made selecting and obtaining the proper level of support for the entire life of your product easy and affordable. While the standard Overland support programs are designed to provide the services that most of our customers require we understand that your needs may be different and have created a selection of service enhancements to augment whatever level of Overland support you have chosen.
SECURE DRIVE EXCHANGE:
The Secure Drive Exchange Program is designed to offer a hard disk drive (HDD) replacement alternative for end users with corporate, military, or governmental policies which prohibit data from being removed from their premises.
- This service uplift is available for any currently supported Overland hard disk drive based product with removable drives.
- The cost of this uplift is in ADDITION to other service programs (surcharge).
- This service uplift must run concurrently with any existing Warranty or Service Agreement currently established with the product.
- A separate Secure Drive uplift is required for each system or “box”. A Snap Server with two expansion units would require three (3) Secure Drive uplifts.
- This service will only apply in cases where the drive fails under normal working conditions. Our standard warranty coverage exclusions apply.
- You will still be required to return the top cover of the defective drive containing the serial number label.
- This program applies to the drives only. Controller cards, memory devises, power supplies and other parts which have no latent data storage and must be returned.
- Includes support for 3.5” SATA and SAS HDD drives
What is NOT included:
- Support for 2.5” SSD drives. Contact your local Overland Storage representative for special quotes.
- Data recovery or data destruction.
- Hard drive destruction, disposal or recycling
- Replacement of hard drives materially in excess of standard failure rates for the covered system
- Support for tape drives
For select Overland Storage solutions, maintenance agreements on the software components are offered. Access to updates, patches, and new version releases of your Overland Storage software is available beyond the standard warranty period by purchasing extended software maintenance. Software Maintenance includes the following:
- Lowest cost support offering 24x7 access to web-based self-support including on line patches, bug fixes, and new version releases.
- 9x5 Technical Telephone Support during Overland Business hours excluding recognized public and company holidays.
For details on what products offer software maintenance, see your local Overland Storage representative.
Supplemental Software Support
Supplemental Software Support can be purchased for each optional software product. This service is offered as an annual contract for Snap Enterprise Data Replicator (Snap EDR) as well as the Replication and Mirroring options for the SnapSAN products. To purchase Supplemental Software Service, the SnapServer or SnapSAN on which the software product will be run must be covered by a valid Software Maintenance or other Overland maintenance agreement which includes Software maintenance.
Supplemental Software Support includes the following:
- 24x7 access to web based self-support.
- Technical support access for the Software product at the same level with the service level of the SnapServer or SnapSAN system on which it runs.
For complete details on how these service enhancement add-ons and our other service programs work, go to the service program details documentation at: http://support.overlandstorage.com/support/service_options_detail.html